Voting is now open for the People’s Choice. Vote Now!
A showcase of short films that celebrates hunting and the culture that surrounds it, from the camaraderie to the solitude, the lows of the near misses to the highs of successes. And everything in between. Be it Big Game, Water Fowl, Upland Bird, Small Game and Freshwater Fishing.
If you’ve made a hunting/freshwater fishing short film in the last two years or have footage of an epic hunting adventure you’ve had, be it your first hunt, or you’re a seasoned pro, this is your chance to share your adventure with the hunting community and win some amazing prizes.
Find out more below.
Total Prize Package – $1849
Spika S4 Safe – RRP $849
Prize Package – $949
Nikon P900 Camera
Total Prize Package – $699.90
Tatonka Stealth 35+10 Pack & LedLenser MH 11
Our judges will decide on a shortlist.
The film with the most votes wins.
RRP $500 of Back Country Foods
Entry is easy, simply fill out the online form below and upload your film or clip to our secure dropbox folder using the “Submit your film here” button.
A judging panel of experienced hunters will judge and decide finalists.
1st July — 8th Sept 2019
Submit your short film, up to 20mins long. Let’s share positive messages about hunting and hunters.
9th Sept — 17th Sept 2019
The judges will compile a shortlist of the best films.
18th Sept — 29th Sept 2019
Online voting will be open, get your hunting mates to vote for their favourite.
29th Sept 2019
The winners will be notified and announced at the end of the Sika Show, plus through online and social channels.
Terms of Entry
- The entrant grants NZ Rod&Rifle the rights to use the content under the following terms and conditions:
- The person submitting (entrant) this film or music video warrants to NZ Rod&Rifle that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party. This includes the use of any sound clips and music.
- The entrant gives NZ Rod&Rifle rights to use the content under Creative Commons license Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International.
- The person submitting this film agrees that NZ Rod&Rifle, it’s sponsors and partners, and judges, individually and collectively will not be held responsible for losses, damages, costs and liabilities relating to any films submitted to this festival.
- NZ Rod&Rifle may share and redistribute in full or part the finalist films online and in other mediums to maximise the greatest number of viewers. The entrant cannot revoke these freedoms as long as the NZ Rod&Rifle give attribution to the producer of the content.
- In addition to above, all finalist videos will be made available on rodandrifle.co.nz.
- Standard NZ Rod&Rifle Terms & Conditions apply.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org