- 4 flat-iron steaks (two cuts from each shoulder)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Marinate meat overnight in olive oil, rosemary, thyme and salt.
- Sear meat on both sides on a high preheated pan or grill.
- Remove from pan and rest for ten minutes in aluminium foil.
- Add wine and sugar to pan and simmer for resting time.
- Cut the meat into thin slices, cover with sauce and serve!
This recipe appeared in A Cut Above – Whole Animal Butchery – Part 1