Camp Cook Back Steaks
While this recipe was made for tough old billy goat back steaks in British Colombia, it’s also great for tahr and chamois back steaks or tougher venison steak cuts.
• ½ kg meat (tahr back steak)
• 2 eggs
• ¼ cup milk
• 1 cup pancake mix
• 1 Tbsp butter
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Cut meat into thin slices and hammer (I tape a fork flat to my hammer to help tenderise the meat more).
2. Whisk eggs and milk together.
3. Dip meat pieces into egg mixture and then into pancake mix.
4. Fry battered meat in butter.
5. Sprinkle with lemon juice.