An excellent way to utilise trimming of any meat – makes a tasty meal on its own or can be added to a shepherd’s pie or sandwiches.
• 2 kg meat (larger scraps chopped into fist-sized cubes)
• 1 can chopped tomatoes
• ⅓ cup molasses
• 3 Tbsp minced garlic
• 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 Tbsp liquid smoke -or- ½ cup smoke-flavoured barbeque sauce
1. Add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
2. Stir to coat meat in liquid.
3. Cook on high for 7 hours or until the meat shreds easily with a fork.